- Overview of relevant anatomy and physiology
- Understand indications for catheterisation
- Identify equipment required and maintaining a sterile field in the home setting
- Identify high risk and trauma considerations in the catheterisation process
- Trouble shooting – obstruction and bypassing
You will also get an opportunity to practice inserting catheters for male, female and suprapubic in a simulation setting.
Who is this training designed for?
This course is aimed to support the practice of existing registered and enrolled nurses who are required to attend clients with catheterisation needs in their daily practice.
Participants will be encouraged to consider their own scope of practice, including ensuring awareness of their own organisational policies and procedures in decision making about roles and responsibilities of catheterisation.
Please note this is non-accredited training.