Subsidised Training JobTrainer is available for this course – limited places available
VET Student Loans is available for this course
The Diploma of Nursing reflects the role of an Enrolled Nurse working under supervision of a Registered Nurse. This qualification covers the application of skills and knowledge required to competently and professionally undertake your role within a variety of health care settings.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander &; culturally, socially and linguistically diverse background applicants are encouraged to apply.
EN2204 – 27 October 2022 (Thursdays & Fridays)
The 18 month course is comprised of face to face, online learning, and structured work placement of 12 weeks in total.
This requires full time study. 2 days per week will be face to face (9am to 4pm), plus the equivalent of 3 days per week self-directed learning undertaken at home. Please see 2022 Intake dates above.
To achieve this qualification, students must have completed a minimum 400 hours of successful clinical placement in the aged, acute and other specialised settings as available.
Australian Nursing and Midwifery Education Centre (ANMEC)
191 Torrens Road, Ridleyton SA 5008
** LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE**
Subsidised Training is available for eligible students.
Please note that access to Subsidised Training with ANMEC is not guaranteed and is subject to the availability of subsidised places and final confirmation of applicant eligibility which is completed on enrolment.
|| to check your eligibility to access Subsidised Training
|| for more information from the Subsidised Training website
|| for more information on JobTrainer
Vet Student Loans
Eligible students are entitled for loans up to a capped amount of $16,221 for this course. Students are required to contribute the gap should the total tuition fee exceed the loan cap.
VET Students Loans can be used in conjunction with Subsidised Training for eligible students.
for more information on VET Student Loans.
for JobTrainer eligible students
full course cost
- $500 commitment must be paid on enrolment
- Enrolment fee non refundable
- VET Student Loans is available for eligible students. Please see above for more information.
- VET Students Loans can be used in conjunction with Subsidised Training for JobTrainer eligible students.
- Subsidised under 'JobTrainer' for subsidised Training eligible students.
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification. However, entry into this course will be highly competitive. Our enrolment team will be using delection activities based on:
- Evidence of preparation for Diploma level studies (academic background, prior studies at a Certificate III level)
- ANMEC will conduct suitability checks on all applicants prior to selection
- Evidence of interest in/preparation for working in the health field (work history, work experience, life experience)
- Literacy (ability to read and comprehend, summarise and express concepts
- Numeracy (ability to carry out basic calculations involving addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, percentage and decimal points)
Applicants are required to undertake an interview and a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment with ANMEC. In addition applicants will need to satisfy the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) English language entry requirement prior to acceptance into this course.
Click here for specific English language entry requirements for students applying for the Diploma of Nursing course
The Diploma of Nursing has the following entry requirements:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or above
- Applicants are required to undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment with ANMEC.
- Applicants will undertake an interview as part of the Upfront Assessment of Needs process.
- Please note: ANMEC will conduct suitability checks on all applicants prior to selection
- Applicants will need to satisfy the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) English language entry requirement* prior to acceptance into this course.
- Applicants must provide evidence of their National Criminal History check and Department of Human Services (DHS), screening for aged care, vulnerable groups and working with children.
- Applicants must provide evidence of immunisation compliance for clinical placement, including influenza vaccination yearly
- COVID-19 vaccinations: You must have received your first, second and booster (or have evidence of booking to receive booster) of a TGA approved or recognised COVID-19 vaccination prior to course commencement.
- Physical ability to demonstrate the manual handling skills that are a compulsory component of the course and employment
- Please be aware: ANMEC has a requirement to notify AHPRA if a student undertaking the course has an impairment that may place the public at substantial risk of harm Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency - Making a mandatory notification
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander & culturally and linguistically diverse background applicants are encouraged to apply
An enrolled nurse in a range of health settings such as:
- acute care,
- chronic care,
- aged care,
- mental health
A graduate from a Diploma of Nursing program approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) is able to apply for registration with the NMBA as an enrolled nurse. Further information on registration is available at nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au
ANMEC are obligated under the training and RTO Standards to ensure students undertaking courses are fully informed of the course requirements and fees, and have the potential to be successful at completing the qualification and gaining employment. ANMEC therefore require applicants to complete a questionnaire and a language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) assessment prior to commencing the course. You will be guided through this process as part of your enrolment requirements.
RTO code 40064