This course supports the professional development of individuals employed or planning to work in a team leader or supervisory role in a health care sterilisation area.
The development of knowledge and skills is related to the application of regulatory and practice standards in a range of technical procedures, quality assurance activities, stock maintenance and materials management, and the undertaking of staff supervision activities.
This course will also prepare individuals working in supervisory or team leader roles in sterilisation services to work and liaise effectively with diverse health industry personnel.
ANMEC can provide you with the skills & knowledge required through flexible delivery option.
Expressions of interest now open
This course is 12 months part time comprising of online self-directed learning and practical work experience in your place of employment.
- $500 commitment must be paid on enrolment
enrolment fee non refundable
ANMEC will conduct suitability checks on all applicants prior to selection.
- Applicants are required to hold a Certificate III in Sterilisation Services or similar qualification
- Have a minimum of 12 months FTE relevant work experience and currently be working in a sterilisation role
- Applicants are required to sit a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment as part of the application process. Selection for enrolment is a competitive process and application for enrolment or completion of the LLN assessment does not guarantee an enrolment offer.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age
- Are required to be team leaders or individuals working or potentially working in supervisory roles in a healthcare sterilisation work area where medical, surgical or dental procedures are performed
- Have the physical ability to demonstrate the manual handling skills are a compulsory component of the course and employment
Work in sterilisation leadership or team leader roles in various health industry contexts, including hospitals, day clinics, practice rooms and endoscopy units.
ANMEC are obligated under the training and RTO Standards to ensure students undertaking courses are fully informed of the course requirements and fees, and have the potential to be successful at completing the qualification and gaining employment. ANMEC therefore require applicants to complete a questionnaire and a language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) assessment prior to commencing the course. You will be guided through this process as part of your enrolment requirements.
RTO code 40064