This course supports the professional development of sterilisation technicians or nursing staff working in the theatre/sterilisation areas of health care facilities, through the development of knowledge and skills related to regulatory and practice standards in a range of technical procedures, occupational health and safety requirements, and team skills.
This course is 6 months part time and is comprised of face to face delivery, online self-directed learning and practical work experience with placement opportunities
Australian Nursing and Midwifery Education Centre (ANMEC)
191 Torrens Road, Ridleyton SA 5008
Off site work place venues.
** LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE**
Subsidised Training is available for eligible students.
Please note that access to Subsidised Training with ANMEC is not guaranteed and is subject to the availability of Subsidised Training places and final confirmation of applicant eligibility which is completed on enrolment.
|| to check your eligibility to access Subsidised Training
|| for more information from the Subsidised Training website
full course cost
- $500 commitment must be paid on enrolment
- $350 for Subsidised Training
- Enrolment fee non refundable
ANMEC will conduct suitability checks on all applicants prior to selection.
- Applicants are required to undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment prior to acceptance into this course
- Have the physical ability to demonstrate the manual handling skills are a compulsory component of the course and employment
- Criminal history background checks (NPC & DHS clearances) as required by employer
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or above
Work in sterilisation technician roles in various health industry contexts, including hospitals, day clinics, practice rooms and endoscopy units.
ANMEC are obligated under the training and RTO Standards to ensure students undertaking courses are fully informed of the course requirements and fees, and have the potential to be successful at completing the qualification and gaining employment. ANMEC therefore require applicants to complete a questionnaire and a language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) assessment prior to commencing the course. You will be guided through this process as part of your enrolment requirements.
RTO code 40064