< Back to COVID-19 Homepage
Help stop the spread. We all have a part to play in hygiene.
Watch this video to refresh your knowledge.
Are your hand hygiene practices the best they can be?
WHY practice effective hand hygiene?
- to prevent the spread of germs
- to keep us all healthy
- prevent contamination of everyone’s environments
- people may be infectious before signs or symptoms of disease are recognised or detected, or before laboratory tests are confirmed
- people may be at risk from infectious agents present in the surrounding environment including environmental surfaces and equipment
- reduce the risk of transmission associated with specific procedures and practices
For the latest information so you can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 visit SA Health.