ANMF (SA Branch) – BPSO® Australia Host Journey
In 2012, Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (ANMF) (SA Branch) embarked on a partnership with the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO) and were endorsed to become the 2nd International RNAO Best Practice Spotlight Organization (BPSO) Host.
Our role as the Australian BPSO® Host is to:
- transfer knowledge through provision of implementation of evidence based practice learning institutes and workshops in Australia;
- provide a link to the global BPSO® collaborative and support network;
- mentor site implementation teams; manage BPSO® applications and contracts in Australia;
- assist with evaluation activities (Including NQuIRE® database); and
- develop and support BPSO®/Champion networks across Australia whilst also collaborating with established international networks.
The ANMF (SA Branch) is actively leading the implementation of the BPSO® program and providing support to designate and candidate sites across the health system. To do this work we have enjoyed the support of and funding from SA Health who have recognised the potential of the program to facilitate implementation of contemporary evidence based practice and person centred care.
The two designated BPSO® sites, Central Adelaide Rehabilitation Services (CARS) and Northern Adelaide Local Health Network (NALHN) continue to implement Best Practice Guidelines (BPGs) and are expanding the reach of the Program within their own local health networks. This builds on their work sucessfully completed as candidate sites.
With the continuing support from SA Health, our new BPSO® candidate sites – Central Adelaide Local Health Network Mental Health Directorate (CALHN MHD) and Women’s and Children’s Health Network (WCHN) have embarked on the BPSO® journey with us.
To learn more about the BPSO® Program click here