Yet another violent incident at Northern Community Mental Health Service has led to Safe Work SA being notified, as members continue to fear for their safety, as well as that of their clients, at the Salisbury facility.
For more than four weeks, Northern Community Mental Health Service members have been implementing the following work bans, which don’t impact on client care:
• No longer filling out the Log books in cars
• No longer completing KPIs that don’t impact on client care
• Always being accompanied by a second clinician when assessing walk-ins
• Always being accompanied by a second clinician at home visits.
• No longer using interview rooms 7 or 14 for client contact.
These work bans will remain in place until further notice. Members are calling for an action plan to address security concerns that includes a full-time security presence onsite.
The ANMF (SA Branch) will again meet with NALHN to put further pressure on outcomes that can help address the ongoing security concerns at the mental health centre.