You may be aware that as of the 1st July 2010, the Australian Health Professional Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) require certain nationally accredited units of competence, for all Enrolled Nurses for the safe administration of medications.
The unit of competence for medication administration as listed by AHPRA is the HLTEN507C Administer and Monitor Medications in the Work Environment with pre-requisites units.
ANMEC currently run this unit (and any prerequisite units you may require) online and make this an achievable process for EN’s working in the clinical setting.
There is a critical deadline for completion of the units HLTAP401B and HLTAP501C in the medication program. These units must be completed by the 6th July 2016. Please access additional information here.
Please see the Medication Units for further information.
Please remember if you are a member to log in to your member site to access member rates for this course – as a member this course will only cost you $450:00.
For incidental costs please click here
Applicants must be:
- Currently employed and practising regularly in a clinical environment at the start and throughout the qualification;
- Registered with AHPRA and have no current or pending conditions, that could prevent recognition documentation from being signed by a current manager;
- Under supervision/direct report from a current manager who can sign recognition documentation to confirm current clinical practice.
Process to enrol into the course:
- Read the course information above.
- Complete the online application questionnaire, click here.
- ANMEC will review your application and contact you.
- Be offered a place or receive information about applying further.
PLEASE NOTE ANMEC are obligated under the training standards to ensure students enrolling into courses are fully informed of the course requirements, course fees and are going to be successful at completing the course. In order to do this, ANMEC require applicants to complete a questionnaire and have a sufficient level of language, literacy and numeracy skills to be able to do this or be provided with support options. The entry requirements are listed in the course outline above.
Please contact ANMEC for further information.
RTO code 40064