< Back to Stand Up Homepage
17 July 2020
The new public sector Enterprise Bargaining Agreement has officially come into effect this week, affording members protection of existing working rights, job security and wage increases.
“Members should feel proud of this enterprise achievement, especially given the negotiating environment and a climate of uncertainty and economic disruption which has seen wages frozen interstate,’’ said ANMF (SA Branch) CEO/Secretary Adj. Associate Professor Elizabeth Dabars AM.
This new Agreement:
In addition, the Agreement secures:
- Protects you from attacks on employment security by rejecting the attempts to introduce provisions for forced redundancy
- Upholds your staffing levels and minimum staffing systems despite attempts to erode these conditions and decrease transparency
- Maintains your 10-hour night shift despite attempts to reduce this to just 9.5 hours
- 2% pay increases each year for three consecutive years
- Back payment of your first pay increase to January 1, 2020, despite resistance from the Government and SA Health
- Guaranteed action on violence and fatigue to keep you safer while at work
New pay rates and backpay
The new pay rates and backpay will be implemented in two stages. Shared Services are working to implement the new rates and it is understood this will take two full pay cycles which means a time frame of mid to late August.
The second stage is the provision of backpay. At this stage, it looks likely to commence in late August or early September.