Professional Liaison Officer, Full time, Permanent
- Growing, professional organisation and union
- Dynamic role in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent working conditions, parking on-site
The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (ANMF) (SA Branch) is the principal professional and industrial organisation representing more than 21,000 nurses, midwives and personal care workers across South Australia. ANMF (SA Branch) has been both a progressive industry body and the leading voice for the nursing and midwifery workforce for more than a century, working together to negotiate positive outcomes at a local, state and federal level.
Impressive facilities at Ridleyton also host the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Education Centre (ANMEC), a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) offering training in aged care, nursing and a variety of other health related areas.
We are seeking applications from exceptional candidates to join us in the role of Professional Liaison Officer.
About the Role
As a Professional Liaison Officer, you will support and represent members in practice and employment issues, particularly at the workplace level. You will also be responsible for recruiting members and for developing, implementing, and evaluating member recruitment and retention strategies and for developing and supporting Worksite Representative structures and systems that enable member communication and consultation.
You will also contribute to campaigning and developing the capacity and activism of members and Worksite Representatives which in turn will contribute to the workplace visibility of the ANMF (SA Branch).
To be considered for the position you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Solid experience as a Registered or Enrolled Nurse, Midwife or Personal Care Assistant
- Knowledge of, and commitment to Nursing, Midwifery and the principles of Trade Unionism
- Skills in advocacy, negotiation, problem solving, undertaking case work or projects relevant to this role
- A capacity to provide advice and undertake activities in relation to Nursing, Midwifery and Care practice and policy
- Knowledge of, and/or experience in providing representation and advice
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and,
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Our Culture and Benefits
The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (SA Branch) places a strong emphasis on valuing people and fostering wellbeing. A collaborative and fun culture means that celebratory staff events are common. You will enjoy shared values of respect, integrity, justice, diversity and excellence and contribute to a positive and dynamic workforce.
The Professional Liaison Officer is classified in the RN 2 – 3 range. An attractive salary package is available for the right candidate and will be based on skills and experience.
A job and person specification can be obtained here.
Applications, including a Cover Letter, Resume, and the names of two work referees should be addressed to:
Annette Cinnamond, Human Resources Manager, ANMF (SA Branch) via: email@example.com.