Duty Officer / Industrial Officer, Permanent, Full time
- Growing, professional organisation and union
- Excellent working conditions, parking on-site
- Dynamic role in a fast-paced environment
The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (ANMF) (SA Branch) is the principal professional and industrial organisation representing more than 21,000 nurses, midwives and personal care workers across South Australia. ANMF (SA Branch) has been both a progressive industry body and the leading voice for the nursing and midwifery workforce for more than a century, working together to negotiate positive outcomes at a local, state and federal level.
As a service of ANMF (SA Branch), the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Education Centre (ANMEC) is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and SA’s 2019 Training Provider of the Year. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality education with great student support, flexible learning options, and excellent student outcomes.
ANMF (SA Branch) also operates an inhouse legal firm, Union Legal SA, providing legal services to both members and non-members, and works with other partners to support the Rosemary Bryant Foundation, a charity sponsoring nursing and midwifery research.
A key opportunity has arisen for an experienced and professional Duty Officer / Industrial Officer.
About the Role
We are seeking applications from exceptional candidates for the full-time, permanent role of Duty Officer / Industrial Officer. The Duty Officer / Industrial Officer will provide a high standard of service for member’s enquiries and support, represent and advocate on behalf of members and groups of members in relation to their industrial and/or professional issues in relevant tribunals and authorities. The successful applicants will also carry an active bargaining role in addition to member representation.
To be considered for the position you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of trade unionism and have a strong client service focus
- Qualifications and relevant experience as either a legal practitioner with experience as a Solicitor and / or a formal industrial relations practitioner / advocate
- Ability to provide appropriate advice to the staff / members of ANMFSA in collaboration, where necessary, with the Branch’s advisers
- Demonstrated skills in advocacy, negotiation, problem solving, undertaking case work or projects relevant to this role
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- An ability to work both independently and as part of teams.
Our Culture and Benefits
The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (SA Branch) places a strong emphasis on valuing people and fostering wellbeing. You will enjoy shared values of respect, integrity, justice, diversity and excellence and contribute to a positive and dynamic workforce.
Duty Officer / Industrial officer is classified in the Registered Nurse (RN) Level 2 – 3 range. An attractive salary package is available for the right candidate and will be based on expertise.
Further information and a job description can be obtained here.
For questions or enquiries about this role please email [email protected]
Applications for the role are due by COB Wednesday 15 September 2021. Applications, including a Cover Letter, Resume, and the names of two work referees should be addressed to:
Annette Cinnamond, Human Resources Manager, ANMF (SA Branch) via: [email protected].